Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Don't Leave Money on The Table

You may have heard of the saying "Don't leave money on the table". In business it means don't incorrectly assess a prospective client's buying power. For example, if you work at Caribou Coffee and someone orders a coffee, don't assume that they don't have enough money for a muffin. If you sell them a coffee, and they have $10 and they only spent $2, you "left money on the table."

What does this have to do with more important spiritual matters? Well I've been thinking a lot about how God is probably very pleased when he sees us using the talents that he gave us. I'm thinking that this is SO IMPORTANT -- to find out what your good at, and really use it for God's glory. If we don't use our God given talents -- you see where I'm going with this -- we're "leaving money on the table".

I encourage you to discover your spiritual gifts. One way to do this is find a church that has a class for finding your spiritual gifts. There is also a free spiritual gifts survey online right here. Personally, I am happiest when I'm using my talents for things of higher importance -- and I think God is too.

No comments:

Post a Comment