Saturday, May 10, 2014

Share Your Story



This is my story that I had a chance to share at Hastings Young Life last month.  Everything in our life revolves around stories. When we talk to friends -- we interact by sharing stories.  When we spend time on facebook -- we're looking at stories.  Texting -- stories.  Reading books, watching movies, reading these words right here is all because we like stories.  But more importantly -- our lives are stories.

A couple of years ago I read a book called A Million Miles in a Thousand Years by Donald Miller which had a major impact on how I view my life in the context of story.

I'm come to see my life as a story, like a novel. I want it to be a good novel.  I want it to be something that someone would want to read someday.  The only way this would happen is by creating some good drama, not avoiding it or being afraid of something unexpected.

We have the freedom to choose the story that we're living in, and the freedom to choose what your character in your particular story is going to be.

Something profound to think about is that you have the ability to be a leading character in not only your story, but in other people's stories.  This is exciting.  You can actually be that character that helps someone turn their life around from pain and abuse to hope and purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment