Tuesday, October 17, 2006

chillin with the oldies

I feel so bad for me - all these postings but nobody is reading them. It's kind of like talking to myself. Ha. Anyways, Gina and I went to Augustana Care Center tonight and hung out with the old folks and chatted with them. It was a lot of fun. We brought some games but the game table was being used. They were pretty funny. If you ever want to feel appreciated, go hang out with the old folks. They are lonely and love to feel appreciated -- kind of neat how it's a two way street. They love to laugh and have fun -- so we actually went out and bought a cheap karoke machine to bring next time for some fun. Stay tuned...

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:52 AM

    You will be a blessing and you will be blessed. You and Gina have the perfect personality for this type of ministry. Mom and I have had various opportunities to visit nursing home and was involved for a couple of years taking communion to a nursing home here. Not sure if you remember, but we also took you boys along sometimes. The residents really like to see children. Some nursing home will also allow animals and the residents really enjoy that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:32 PM

    Just so you know - even though I don't respond to every message, I read them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:10 PM

    your write noone is reading. i am stalking you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know the feeling Kevin, I once felt like no one was reading also.

    You can be sneaky and get a counter at amazingcounters.com or statcounter.com ...

    I'm so glad to see you and Gina online, I look forward to keeping up with you this way!

    Great photo by the way, looks like you may need to brush those teeth!

    ReplyDelete